Ah, yes, another National [Edible Thing] Day is upon us. It’s an annoying time to be on Twitter, but a great time to get free stuff.
Today is National Coffee Day. Honestly, that seems pretty dangerous for people like me, who have been cut off by baristas (true story) and told repeatedly by doctors to drink less coffee. But turning down free things is un-American, so let’s take a look at our options today.
- Boyer’s Coffee, 7295 Washington St. They’re going all-out and having a party. Free coffee, live music, prizes and more from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Krispy Kreme, 303 16th St. Free cup of coffee and a free glazed doughnut. It’s that simple.
- Peet’s Coffee, 1550 Court Place and 2500 E. Second Ave. Get a free medium drip coffee when you buy food.
- LaMar’s Donuts and Coffee, 990 W. Sixth Ave. and 2120 S. Broadway. Buy a 16-ounce travel mug ($1.19) and get it filled up for free.
- Dairy Queen, 2905 W. Alameda Ave.Small iced coffee for $1, “ultimate frappe” for $2.
- Dunkin Donuts, 366 Broadway and 2001 Sheridan Blvd. Medium cup of coffee for 66 cents to celebrate their 66th birthday.
- Starbucks, pretty much everywhere. No deals here, unless you count good deeds as good deals. They’ll donate a coffee tree for every cup of brewed Mexico Chiapas cup of coffee.
- Caribou Coffee, also everywhere. Caribou is also taking the charitable route. For every cup of coffee, they’ll donate a cup to nurses and family members in cancer centers.
- Whole Foods, 900 E. 11th Ave., 2375 E. First Ave. and 1111 S. Washington St. You guessed it — they’re giving $1 per cup sold to the Whole Planet Foundation.
- Pilot Flying J. If you’ve got a highway commute today, print out a coupon (what year is this??) and get a free small cup of coffee or cappuccino.